NIOS Admission 2023-24
Vidya Niketan School started with a major aim of providing high-quality education to learners. After providing degree classes through IGNOU, Delhi University, the institution has come a long way with its objective. The institution always stands by its promise of helping students in gaining excellence. Another initiative in this motive is NIOS admission.
NIOS i.e. National Institute of Open schooling is a project that was started under CBSE in 1979. NIOS admission main objective was to strengthen open and distance learning. The organization has fulfilled its objectives by providing various courses as well as secondary and senior secondary schooling. It enables learners to gain excellence through open and distance learning curricula. It not only provides education but also provide a helping hand to the state government for opening up State Open Schools (SOS).
NIOS admission can be obtained through its plethora of regional centers. These regional centers include Allahabad, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Delhi, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Kochi, Patna, Pune, Dehradun, Bhubaneshwar, Bengaluru, Gandhinagar, Raipur, Chennai, Ranchi, Dharmshala, Vishakhapatnam, Sikkim, Amethi.
Along with these regional centers there are many study centers for NIOS admission. These study centers are divided into 3 categories. These are Academic, Vocational, and Open Basic Education. Study centers for Academic purpose are called Accredited Institutions for Academics. Study centers for Vocational purpose are called Accredited Vocational institutions. Those for open basic education purpose are called Open Basic Education courses.
NIOS admission on demand is another service provided by NIOS. The aim is to strengthen the open and distance learning mechanism. It is working in this area since 2003 at the secondary level. This provides great autonomy to learners in selecting the dates of exam.
NIOS Online Admission
NIOS online admission is another facility provided by the institution for convenience. The NIOS online admission form is released for the current year by NIOS. Learners interested in pursuing 10 and 12 can apply for NIOS online admission before the last date expires. New learners interested in NIOS admission through stream 1 in block 1 and block 2 can also apply for the public exam provided they fulfill all the necessary criteria’s. For NIOS online admission the candidate needs to perform the task of NIOS admission form download from the authorized site of NIOS.
For NIOS online admission there are 4 different streams. The candidate can opt for only one of them. Thus after selection of stream candidate must complete the procedure of NIOS online admission.
The complete procedure of NIOS online admission is:
- Candidate should first logon to www.nios.ac.in.
- The NIOS online admission information must be duly filled by the candidate.
- Pay the fees. After fee payment, the details of submission is displayed.
- The candidate now registers himself by submitting his email-id and password.
- The candidate should now fill the NIOS online admission form. The required photograph must be attached.
- Candidate must provide an accurate postal address. This is required for delivery of I-card, self-learning material and any other document by NIOS.
The Exam Fees of NIOS Admission
The exams for NIOS admissions are conducted twice a year. The months of exams are generally April-May and October-November. The dates of exam for NIOS admission are fixed by NIOS. In addition, you can appear for NIOS admission on demand. This is true only for subjects for which you are already admitted in NIOS. NIOS admission on demand is at the secondary and senior secondary level.
The fees for NIOS admission is Rs. 250 for every individual subject. For enrollment in practical’s additional fees of Rs. 120 is added up. During online admission the figures may vary depending upon the selected stream.
The candidates are required to pay the fees online. They can do so through a master card, credit card, visa or debit card. For offline mode, they can pay through Bank draft of any nationalized bank of India. The bank draft may be in the name of a chosen regional center.
Eligibility for NIOS admission
For applying for NIOS admission the candidate must fulfill all the necessary criteria’s. Only eligible candidates are allowed to appear for the examination.
Criteria for NIOS admission at secondary level:
- Minimum Age of candidate must be 14 years. He/she must have the age proof.
- The candidate must have the proof which states that he/she has qualified his VIII.
- A candidate providing the proof of his excellence required for secondary can also apply.
- Earlier if the candidate was not able to complete his secondary education can also apply.
- A candidate intending to improve his performance in secondary level can also apply.
Criteria for NIOS admission at Senior Secondary level:
- 12th fail candidates must provide the proof of successful completion of 10th class from a recognized board.
- Minimum Age of candidate must be 15 years. He/she must have the age proof.
- The candidate must have proof stating his 10 qualifications from a recognized board.
NIOS admission procedure
For NIOS admission each candidate is required to complete the admission procedure. Have a look at the process:
- Open up the NIOS website.
- Next step is to click on the “Register Option”.
- Carefully read all the instructions provided. Once completed, click on proceed.
- Choose your state.
- Select the identified type. This could be your Aadhar card, Ration Card, passport or any identity which is valid.
- According to the selected identity type, provide the required number for it.
- Choose the desired course. After selection press the submit button.
- The NIOS admission application form will appear.
- The NIOS admission form is divided into 4 categories. These are your basic details, your optional details, the subject selection, and the center selection.
- Accurately fill all the details in all the 4 categories.
- Pay your fees according to your convenience. Choose an appropriate payment gateway.
The positive side of NIOS admission
NIOS admission has been fruitful for many learners. Let’s know the answer to the question why so?
- NIOS provides life enrichment programs.
- It provides complete autonomy to candidates in choosing the subjects. Thus the candidate learns only those subjects where his interest lies.
- The system continuously assesses the candidate performance through Tutor Marked Assignments.
- The candidate is given 9 chances to clear a course within 5 years. After 5 years he can apply for admission again.
- Personal Contact Program facilitates great learning.
- The candidate can transfer the subject credits from another board. This is allowed for a maximum of 2 subjects.
- Self-instructional printed material is provided. Audio-video programs are also available.
- Learners are also provided with open learning magazine. It is provided on a half-yearly basis.
- It is strengthening the open schooling at the national and global level. It assures the exchange of quality education for the betterment of learners.
- It strives to develop an effective learner support system. To some extent, it is successful in doing so.
Cancellation of NIOS admission
The procedure for NIOS admission is quite simple. But sometimes the application or admission gets rejected. Once the application is canceled, it is not considered again. This may be because of the following causes:
- The NIOS admission form is found incomplete.
- The candidate fails to submit the NIOS admission form before the last date.
- The required fee is not paid in full.
- The attached documents with NIOS admission form are not complete.
- The attached documents with NIOS admission form lacks authenticity.
- The educational qualifications of the candidate are not sufficient.
- The age requirement is not fulfilled.
- Any of the eligibility criteria is not fulfilled.
- NIOS admission form lacks address proof.